Wednesday, October 27, 2010

fit for a king

Right now, my husband and I share a queen size bed.  It's SO comfy and a beautiful sleigh bed, but I'm ready for an upgrade!  Whenever we stay in hotels that have a king size bed, that extra space is very nice!

So, I think we may spring for a king size bed of our own (for a new house).  It may end up being a late anniversary present, although I don't think the gift for 8 years of marriage is "beds"!

{ok...I checked.  The anniversary gift for 8 years is bronze.  Or pottery, appliances, or linen}

So, here are just some design ideas to get me started.

First up: a bronze bed!  I probably wouldn't buy it, but since it's the 8 year gift and all...

 ...and from JC Penny...

 overstock.com...
 pottery barn....
 restoration hardware...


 and urban home...
I think I'm leaning towards something wooden.  I admit I'm drawn to a lot of upholstered headboards, but I just don't think they would last long with little kids around.  Grimy finger and all...  Wood is just easier to keep up.  But I did throw in that leather one as a compromise!  I also seem to be going for beds with low footboards. 

Here's hoping we find something WONDERFUL and at a great PRICE when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment